I love helping authors and showing them how to navigate their publishing journey. I've spent more than twenty years in the publishing field including traditional publishing, self-publishing, and e-publishing; writing, designing (both book interiors and covers); marketing, and website design. Many of the authors I have guided have also become friends because I made sure they entered into their endeavors with open eyes and expert knowledge. Even as I decided to step back from some of my workload, I didn't want to leave authors high and dry.
I've seen the missteps that authors can take, I've witnessed the costly mistakes, the misconceptions, and even the scams that try to trick authors into spending thousands of dollars they didn't need to spend. (I hope you are not one of them.) I pray as you move forward toward publishing your book—the heart and soul you've poured onto paper (or into a digital source)—that you will seek out quality information before you sign on a dotted line or plunk down your hard-earned dollars.
Before you begin, join a reputable writers or independent publishers organization. Talk to other authors who've "been there, done that." Be wary of celebrity voices luring you into publishing venues or expensive programs. Look for publishing and marketing options that offer measurable results. Steer away from too-good-to-be-true promises and well-trained, predatory salespeople who lure you in with sugary words about your inspiring writing and bestselling opportunities. (You don't need to employ my help to do any of these things.)
But, if you are traveling this journey alone and worry you have started this path with no sense of direction. If you want to avoid making a costly wrong turn, here's how I can help.
Self-Publishing Help! Hotline & Coaching Packages
Who Is it For?
I have worked on all types of books with all kinds of authors. I work best with nonfiction authors who are using their books to further a method, teach a skill, or tell an inspiring personal story. Many of my past clients were professionals, entrepreneurs, or practitioners who either want to add to their credentials, create more visibility, and/or supplement their income. Do you desire. . .
• A knowledgeable guide as you work through the process of writing, publishing and marketing your book?
• Understanding one or more integral pieces of the process as you go along?
• Information as to which publishing road is right for you?
• An on-call resource as you manage the details?
Frequently Asked During Calls:
The questions below are among those I commonly answer. While there are many general answers, I find that each author and each book is unique. The right answer for you may not be the right answer for someone else. During these calls, I strive to discover what your particular needs are and what the best route for you may be.
• How do I ensure my book will be available for sale online and at bookstores?
• How do I protect my copyright?
• How do I know if my marketing plan is working?
• What can I learn from my book sales reports?
• Where should I purchase my ISBNs?
• Should I publish with KDP, IngramSpark, or another provider?
• Should I use KDP's "Expanded Distribution" (or even, what IS that)?
• How do I get into libraries?
• What do I need to know while I am still writing my book?
• How do I create a professional cover? What should I absolutely avoid?
• What mistakes should I watch out for inside my book that will separate the pros from the amateurs?
• What do I need to know about my book images?
• What is “fair use” and what can I safely “borrow” to use inside my book?
• What margins, fonts, styles, can I use?
• How do I price my book?
• And many more. . . ! !
How It Works
In order to make sure this package is the right fit for both of us, I have designed this package to work as follows.
Step One: you pay a fee of $97 and receive your first call. (This is non-refundable.) During that call we will discuss:
• Your vision for your book and your plans for it after it is written.
• Where you stand with your project: what has been done, what needs to be done, and your capabilities and needs going forward to complete these tasks.
• Your marketing plans and how your blueprint for creating visibility for your book ongoing.
We will then discuss if you're in a place where I feel I can help you in a worthwhile way.
Step Two: If we are going to move forward, you will be asked to pay an additional $400 fee. As part of your package, you will receive up to 4 hours of my time where I will answer your questions and provide feedback via phone or email. You can use that time to:
• Check if a file is appropriately formatted and compliant with your publisher's requirements
• Receive specific instruction on each next step you take based on where you are in the process
• Obtain guidance on how to walk through a particular website or service setup
• Determine an appropriate cover designer or choose the right style for your book's interior
• Discuss if a publishing or marketing service is a good investment
• Or to inquire about any of the many other aspects of the publishing process
If we don't move forward, your initial $97 fee pays for the call and any guidance I may have offered.
• I do NOT read or edit manuscripts - though I will remark if I think they are ready for publishing or not.
• I do NOT offer instruction on how to use software, such as what settings, fixing problems, etc. Most of this is available from the creator or the printer and there are too many options, platforms, types of software, computers, for me to keep up on all of them.
• If any client becomes profane or inappropriate, the service will end immediately and there will be no refund or second chances.
• I tend to err on the side of too much information, so if you like things short-and-sweet, just let me know.
• Any call can be recorded at your discretion.
Click the "Buy Now" Button to Purchase Your Call.
You'll be taken to the checkout to pay for your first call.
I'll send you a personal email to schedule. (It is not automated or instant!)