The Bookectomy Facebook group is where entrepreneurs, alternative practitioners, and other busy authors learn how to cost-effectively publish and market quality, profitable books without stress.
It’s also the perfect group for a busy professional like you who:
- Is unsure which steps to do first, second, or third, so you end up juggling everything at once slowing down the whole process,
- Gets so caught up in the details you become bogged down in a looming task that drags on and on,
- Keeps putting off this easy money-maker while dreading a new process or technology you don't have time for,
- Thinks you have to go it alone (you don’t) to save costs,
- Wants your book to shine with brilliance, but are unsure you have nailed it,
- Has lost track of the difference between quality design and just being pretty,
- Worries all your hard work will be laughed at,
Bookectomy is led by design professional Jamie Saloff, who has been working in the publishing field for nearly twenty years guiding men, women, talented teens, Gen Xers, baby boomers, and golden agers from all walks of life—regardless of technical ability—through her seven easy publishing steps. She is the author of 7 Easy Steps to Professionally Self-Publish Your Book.
Jamie understands that when it comes to designing your first DIY book if you have never done this before you may not even know what to ask or where to start. Bookectomy helps to guide its members by offering daily themes with practical tips and information you need to write, design, publish, and market your book. We also have a weekly networking day where you can join with others to find promotion partners to further your reach.
Each day of the week has its own theme!
Monday: is all things writing and your week's goals. Set the intention for what you need to get written this week, whether you are still writing chapters or are ready to write your marketing text.
Tuesday: Tuesday: is tech and numbers day. Tech questions. Copyright. LCCN, tax filings (oh-my!) This is the day to ask tech and financial questions.
Wednesday: is Barn raising/networking day. Taken from an idea in Barbara Sher's book, "Barn Raising" is the day you ask for things you need. Maybe you need to find answers about the chemical components of an apple. You state what you need, see if other members know someone who could provide the answer or material you need. This is also the day to let others know if you have an opening on a POD cast or are looking to interview a particular type of author. Like HARO (Help A Reporter Out) today is the day to help each other. (Note, this is not an ad day. Dropping ads is not allowed. Asking for reviews is also not encouraged.)..
Thursday: is graphics and book cover day. It's also goal check-in day. Today we talk about all things graphics. It's also a day to check in on our goal completion status. Why Thursday and not Friday? Because by Friday we tend to blow things off until Monday. If we check in on Thursday, you still may have time to complete the goals that are undone..
Friday: is publishing day. Today we talk about anything connected to publishers (all types), printing, and preparing your book for print.
Saturday: is marketing day. Tips and tricks for marketing your book. It’s also Silly Saturday. Post a joke that make authors laugh.
Sunday: is Celebration Day! Any books that launched during the week will be celebrated on this day..
Bookectomy isn’t for everybody. Bookectomy:
- promotes joint cooperation and networking, not competition,
- quality and professionalism,
- believes quality and good design equates to more sales and visibility,
- supports teamwork and mutual respect for what we are all trying to accomplish,
- welcomes open-minded members willing to stretch to be their best,
- There are lots of ways to self-publish and while we don't criticize anyone for the route they choose we do bemoan the fact that, sadly, not all of those means are on the up and up. Jamie offers free author consultations if this is you and you need to know what to do next.
Bookectomy is not:
- a critique group; critiquing of books is not allowed here,
- for short-cut Charlies who slap things together and call them done,
- a spam drop - we do not tolerate dropping of ads, spamming,
- a whine fest, members who just want to complain or criticize will be ousted.
If this sounds like something you would find helpful, click below to join the group!
Want more? Need more dedicated help? Search for the forthcoming Inner Circle membership group on this site. In the Inner Circle group you will have access to all the archives of the main group, plus 4 Zoom calls per month where you can ask questions and get the specific help you need as you publish you book. Just $97 per month, end any time.
(Click any menu item to learn more.)
Terms & Conditions of Use
By using the Bookectomy.com (BEC) web site (“Service”), or any services of Saloff Enterprises, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE.
Bookectomy.com reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.Bookectomy.com
Violation of any of the terms below may result in the termination of your Account. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
A. Account Terms
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Bookectomy.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have access to your course as an assistant).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
- You are subject to the approval of Bookectomy.com. We reserve the right to approve or deny any instructor or course for any reason.
- You are responsible for all of the content you submit to the Service ("Content"). You acknowledge that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, and have the authority to authorize BEC, to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), publicly display, communicate to the public, promote, market and otherwise use and exploit any of your Content. You also acknowledge that no Content shall infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right of a third party;
- You are solely responsible for determining the fees you charge Users for your Courses.
- BEC will handle billing and other fee interaction with Users.
- It is your responsibility to enact your own refund policy for your course fees. If you wish to give a student a refund for fees paid to you for your course, you must initiate that refund.
- You hereby authorize BEC to deduct and retain an agreed upon percentage as a transaction fee from the Net Amount received. The Net Amount equals the amount actually received from Users for Your Courses, less any refunds paid, applicable sales or other taxes (if any).
C. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- BEC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the KajabiNext site (Bookectomy.com) or the Service itself.
- BEC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
D. Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and Content uploaded (including but not limited to videos, audio recordings, file attachments, and written text) remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view your Content.
- BEC does not pre-screen Content, but BEC has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- You shall defend BEC against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against BEC by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify BEC for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, BEC in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that BEC (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases BEC of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
E. General Conditions
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email and live text chat. Support is only available in English.
- You understand that BEC uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, or any other BEC service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by BEC.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any BEC customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, or "spam" messages.
- BEC does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that BEC shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if BEC has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of BEC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and BEC and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and BEC (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under Pennsylvania law.
Accuracy and Availability of Information
The Site contains database information and other content compiled by BEC. While we use commercially reasonable efforts to provide accurate information, BEC gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the database and other content on the Site. BEC reserves the right to withdraw or delete information or content from the Site at any time.
Entire Agreement; Severability; No Waiver
This Agreement (including all documents incorporated by reference) is the entire agreement between the parties for its subject matter and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous communications between the parties. No term of this Agreement may be waived by BEC except in a signed, non-electronic writing signed by an authorized representative of BEC and Saloff Enterprises.
Thank you for your purchase!
Your receipt will show payment to J. L. Saloff.
You should receive notification of your payment in your email shortly.
If you need addition help, email us at:
To which Jamie Saloff website can we redirect you?
Welcome to Bookectomy™! We offer free and paid courses for authors, entrepreneurs, and business professionals who have a method to teach or a story to tell and want to use books to boost their business. Bookectomy is particularly attuned to those who have limited time and/or who have put off writing, publishing, or marketing their books. Bookectomy is here to help with education, coaching, ghostwriting, and more.
Get started in 3 easy steps:
1. Browse class categories and courses using the Featured Menu at the left. (More added all the time.)
2. Choose the course you desire. If you are a new member, you'll be guided to set up your account.
3. Start learning!
We continue to add more programs and educators. (Perhaps you would like to be one?) We invite you to register and partake of our classes, including:
• Bookectomy - Write Your Book 2-on-1 Coaching
• Self-Publishing, Will You Profit or Lose? (coming soon!)
• Seven Steps of Self-Publishing
• Metaphysical Marketing Mastery
• DIY Publishing Assistance
• 1-on-1 Personal Coaching
• And much more!