“Write my book” procrastination is a serious disorder that causes its sufferers to display an array of visible, sometimes embarrassing symptoms noticeable to others. For many, it may cause them to lose sleep, become distracted while working on other projects, drift off from conversation, or even lose income and miss life-enhancing opportunities.
- You have stacks of notes written on random scraps of paper that include any of the following: napkins, check stubs, sticky notes, torn sheets of notebook paper, backs of business cards, index cards, billing statements.
- You have a computer folder entitled “My Book” (or the book’s title) with a collection of files inside, all in various stages of completion, and which may or may not tie together.
- You mark out time on your calendar to “work on my book” but use the time instead to: rake leaves, do laundry, scrub the kitchen floor, or take a nap.
- You are at the ready with a list of excuses as to why “I can’t write my book now because…”
- You wake up in the middle of the night with ideas or have dreams about “the book.”
I am a publishing doula with over fifteen years experience in assisting with a book’s delivery from manuscript to printed book including interior and cover design, creating files for the printer, guidance with paperwork and filings, ebook creation, market messaging, and more. If you are seeking help in creating a profitable, quality product, I’d be happy to discuss the details with you at no charge during a Publishing Assessment call.